Directions to the Lab
If you are going to drive to the lab, we advise parking at the University Avenue Ramp.
Coming from I35W
- Exit at the University/4th St. exit. go east on University Avenue. (University Avenue is a one way street here, going east only.)
- Follow University Avenue until you see Williams Arena on your left, on your right is the entrance to the University Avenue Ramp
Coming from I94
- Exit at the University of Minnesota-East Bank/Huron Boulevard exit.
- Continue on Huron Boulevard to the intersection with Washington Avenue.
- Go left on Washington Avenue for 2 blocks until you come to the intersection with Oak St.
- Go right on Oak Street and follow it past the TCF Bank Stadium as it becomes 4th Street.
- Turn left on 18th Avenue.
- Turn left on University Avenue.
- Get into the right lane and prepare to turn right into the University Avenue Ramp.
- When you see you see Williams Arena on your left, on your right is the entrance to the University Avenue Ramp.
View of Cooke Hall from University Avenue
- The University of Minnesota - Minneapolis Campus Map
- Printable version of the map and driving directions (PDF)
Walking from the ramp to the Lab
- Exit the parking ramp on the west side. (Go left if you are facing Williams Arena.)
- The building to your left is the University Recreation Center.
- Follow the sidewalk around this building to the front of the Recreation Center.
- Cooke Hall is to your right.
- Enter Cooke Hall and take the elevator to the 4th floor where you will find the lab.
Many busses by Metro Transit go to the University. To obtain the best connection form your location to our lab at Cooke Hall, we advise you to visit the Metro Transit Web site or call them. When you are asked for our address, the address is 1900 University Avenue S.E.
When you are in Cooke Hall
There are two ways to get to the lab from the building lobby:
- Take the left stairway to fourth floor and ring the bell at the locked entrance.
- Take the elevator to fourth floor. Call some one in the lab to give you access. The 4th floor is security locked.